Welcome! This is Jailbait in Hotpants! The title is a phrase I used to describe Nightwing's former career as Robin. I am a relatively new comics reader, and as I go along sometimes I read things too hilarious or awesome to not share. So I share them with you, and hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The post that started it all

or Why I like Dick Grayson as Nightwing better than as Batman....

Because as Batman, he has to wear a cape. And then we don't get wonderfully hot and beefcaky images like this one from Secret Six #9:


What's especially great about this pose for Nightwing, is that it's one that is traditionally reserved for female characters because you can see both T&A in it. So not only is it crazy sexy, but it's subversive too! Excellent.

And look, even Nightwing doesn't like wearing the Batman cape! He complains about it in Batman&Robin #2.


Yes, balance. I'm sure that was your reason for ditching the cape. And not at all because you needed something new to distract the bad guys with since your new costume actually had pants. Your days as jailbait in hotpants were over, but now you have a fantastically sculpted rear to display. And now it's all over. Stupid cape.

*So, this was the post that made me decide to dedicate a seperate blog to Superhero shenanigans and musings. It also inspired the title. This also marks the end of re-posts from my personal blog. Now, on to the new material!

No comments:

Post a Comment